The Google team has long dreamed of the possibility of carrying the Earth around in its pocket. Now, Google Earth is official; the team’s dream has come true. With an iPhone or iPod touch, it’s no problem flying from Bermuda to the Bahamas or any other locale mentioned in the Beach Boys’ song, Kokomo. Whether this global imagery software will become of any use to its users or just another app to pass time while waiting for the bus remains to be said, but we can’t wait to climb Mount Everest from the safety of our cozy office chairs.
With Google Earth for iPhone, you can:
• Tilt your iPhone to adjust your view to see mountainous terrain
• View the Panoramio layer and browse the millions of geo-located photos from around the world
• View geo-located Wikipedia articles
• Use the ‘Location’ feature to fly to your current location
• Search for cities, places and business around the globe with Google Local Search
It’s available today in the iTunes App Store.