If there’s one thing that distinguishes Apple wearables from its competitors, it is their set of unique features. The latest Apple Watch and its updates enable users to download and use various social media platforms.
You will no longer have 24×7 access to your iPhone to use Snapchat. You can maintain your streaks comfortably via your Apple Watch as well. But the process might be a little foreign.
This article explores how you can get Snapchat on Apple Watch in a few minutes. You are good to go with a few taps on your Apple Watch.
How To Get Snapchat on Apple Watch?
The great thing about Snapchat is the light-hearted approach. You send snaps, texts, and stickers and maintain streaks with your favorite people and strangers.
Besides being a standard media-based social media platform, Snapchat also contains various game challenges. So, if you are trying to get your hands on Snapchat, this detailed guide will give you all the updates.
1. Using Siri & Google Search
The easiest way to install or get Snapchat on your Apple Watch is by using Siri and Google Search. It’s fairly simple. So, follow the steps we have mentioned down below:
- Hold and enable Siri on your Apple Watch
- Say “Google Search” on your watch
- Tap on the search bar that pops up and then select the microphone icon
- Once done, say “Snapchat Online.”
- From there, you have to tap on the “Login Snapchat” tab
- Enter the login details to get access to your Snapchat account
- You will find the “Magnifying icon” on the top-left corner of the Apple Watch display. Tap on it.
And that’s all. You can now use Snapchat directly on your Apple Watch. If you don’t have access to your iPhone now, this should suffice. You can check the updates and view chats, images, and videos your friends have sent you.
2. Get apps from the App Store
Since Apple Watch is built surrounding the Apple or iOS ecosystem, it isn’t surprising that you have easy access to App Store on your Apple Watch too. So, if you wish to download and install a new app directly to your Apple Watch, you can do so from the App Store on the device.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Press on the digital crown that will display the Home screen on your Apple Watch
- From there, tap on the App Store
- Tap on the Search button and then type Snapchat to discover the featured app in the App Store
- We’d recommend you check the app’s ratings, descriptions, and authenticity before you tap on the Install button.
- If it’s a paid app, you might have to pay before installing it.
- When prompted, you must double-click on the side button that’s placed right under the Digital Crown button.
Since Snapchat is a free app with in-app purchases, you can directly download it without worrying about paying anything.
3. Get apps with the iPhone that’s paired with the Apple Watch
If you are using an Apple Watch, we can assume it’s linked or paired to an iPhone. So, if you wish to download and install Snapchat on your Apple Watch, you can also take this route.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Unlock and open your iPhone and then open the Watch app
- Tap on the “My Watch” tab
- Scroll down until you come across Snapchat in the list of apps you can download from the “Available Apps” section
- Select Snapchat from there and initiate the installation.
Once done, the installed Snapchat app will appear on your Apple Watch. You can easily browse the app, check different highlights or even maintain the streaks with your friends.
What Can you Do on Snapchat on your Apple Watch?
We know that Apple Watch doesn’t come with an integrated camera. This means you can take a picture or video and forward it to your friend on Snapchat. So, what can you do?
Check stories – You can check the stories your friends and other Snapchat users have updated.
Navigation – It provides access to maps, so you can navigate through the maps to stay updated about your friend’s whereabouts. Also, iPhone and Apple Watch need to be linked for this feature to work.
Search – Since the search bar is accessible on the Snapchat app on Apple Watch, you can look up profiles of your friends and other public users on Snapchat.
If you assumed that you’d be able to reply to an incoming message on Snapchat on your Apple Watch, unfortunately, you can’t.
And that’s all you need to know about installing Snapchat on your Apple Watch. The steps are fairly simple, so you shouldn’t worry much about it. Ensure that you are aware of the benefits and the limitations that come with installing Snapchat on your Apple Watch.