There are a number of reasons why you might need to extend gigabit LAN with a gigabit fiber media converter and today we want to take a look at some of them.
Our gigabit fiber media converter of choice is the Fiberbit gigabit fiber media converter. The reasons why we opt for this converter are simple:
- It Converts between 10/100/1000BaseT to 1000BaseFX
- It features an LLF – Link Loss Feature (option)
- Single mode and Multimode types both available
- RoHS Compliant and Lead-Free
- SC/FC & ST connectors as choice
- It’s Universal – Can be used in Chassis as well
- MTU size 1536 & Jumbo Frame (option)
So just what applications does this Fiberbit Gigabit Fiber Media Converter have? While many people believe that the extension of a gigabit LAN is limited to large corporate use, there are other uses that are rarely considered:
- As FTTx CPE device at users home
- Oil/Gas industries – monitoring & alarm systems
- CCTV industries – IP cameras, Fingerprint devices & beyond
- Large and Medium/SOHO business users – creating own LAN & WAN’s
- Special cases, when single conversion (not paired) must be done.