I am guessing you have tried several internet browsers on your Android smartphone and are disappointed with what they have to offer? Generally, an Android phone comes with a default internet browser (developed and maintained by the maker of the phone) and Google Chrome for its company. Google Chrome is one of the best browsers in general but you wish to perform a distinct task (like opening a document ), it may not be sufficient. This is why you should also look for other options.
Must, read History of Web Browsers
Some Internet Browsers for Android Phone- Give Them a Try
1) Google Chrome
There is no doubt about Google Chrome’s popularity. According to data by StatCounter, a whopping 61.77 percent of smartphone users across the globe use Google Chrome as their default browser. As you can see in the above graph, Chrome leads the race with Safari and Samsung Internet trailing behind. What I like the most about the Chrome browser is, once you log in with your Google credentials, your bookmarks, passwords, and settings are automatically synced across all devices.
- High-speed browsing.
- Free of cost
- One of the safest internet browsers for Android.
- Software updates with modifications, bug fixes, and improvements are released frequently.
- Google tracks your data. You might see ads based on your search queries.
- High memory and CPU usage.
2) Opera Mini
Opera Mini internet browser may have a mere 2.1 percent mobile browser market share across the world but it is one of the most preferred secondary browsers. Smartphone users like to keep Opera Mini installed in case something fails to render on Chrome. In 2018, Opera was also awarded the prestigious Red Dot for its amazing user interface design. In addition, Opera also comes with a built-in ad-blocker so you can browse without encountering spammy links and annoying banner ads.
- Save more than 90 percent of the data. Best for countries where internet data packs are expensive.
- AI-powered football newsfeed channel to bring you all the latest updates and news related to the Premier League in England.
- Very few websites are built for Opera.
- It is not as customizable as other browsers like Chrome or Safari.
3) Duck Duck Go
Advertisements have the power to not only share information rapidly but also change a person’s political alignment. Lobbyists and politicians hire social media companies to create influential ads. If you do not wish to be a victim of advertisement, download the Duck Duck Go app on your Android phone. This app will never sell your browsing information to anyone.
- Never tracks your personal information like location, gender, etc.
- Very safe and secure for online financial transactions.
- You become a part of a tight-knit community.
- Not as fast as Chrome and Opera.
- Some manual work is needed to browse for the correct search result.
For me, Google Chrome is always going to be the best as it offers the most features without compromising browsing speed. Other browsers do not track your location and give you complete anonymity, but for daily usage, Chrome is the best.