When it comes to looking for an affordable laptop that is also pretty modern in terms of the technology and features that it offers, things tend to get quite expensive. There are a few tips and tricks that you can implement, however, to get your next high tech laptop for a steal!
You may be on the lookout to save money when buying your next laptop, but it is also important to ensure that you get the technology that you’re looking for as well as a reliable piece of machinery. Take a look at some of the tips below designed to help you get the most for your money.
- Avoid purchasing budget bracket laptops. While these machines are generally the most affordable, they are also the most lightweight in terms of what they can offer you and severely limit your new computers functionality.
- Find the machine that you want, research comparable machines and watch sales, clearance and floor model deals. Patience is the key when it comes to this approach but this type of shopping very often pays off and you can save hundreds of dollars without sacrificing the “perfect” machine for you.
- Don’t settle. Don’t settle for a netbook or tablet when you need a laptop, sure, you’ll pay a little more, but you’ll end up getting more for your money in the long run.
- Know what to sacrifice and what not to sacrifice. If you are willing to sacrifice the weight of your machine you will find that you have many more affordable laptop options to shop from. While a light weight laptop is nice, it is not a necessity for most people.
- Consider open box and floor model systems. Open box and floor models aren’t always an option when purchasing your laptop, but when they are, you should definitely consider them as a means to getting a cheap laptop that suits all of your laptop specs.
- Don’t go for gimmicks. Gimmicks like a laptop that can fold like a tablet, are cute, but when it comes down to it, they are just that – gimmicks. The ability to fold makes you laptop no more efficient in MOST cases, but it does add a considerable amount to your price tag so consider skipping this “luxury” feature.
- If you are a student, always ask if the company you are purchasing from offers a student, senior or organizational discount that you can take advantage of.
- When purchasing your new laptop outright, consider purchasing with a cash back credit card or an online service like eBates to get yourself a cash back bonus.
- Consider buying refurbished. Yes, it’s not new, but manufacturer refurb units aren’t always a bad thing, especially when they save you hundreds.
- Shop around! Check online retailers and competitors once you find the system that you are interested in purchasing. Look for coupon codes and price matching if you really want to save!
What tips do you have for getting the most high tech cheap laptops available on the market? Argos has a great range so why not take a look here?