Are you working out hard these last few months? Do you need that extra muscle strength to push yourself towards your goals?
Worry not! We have brought you three superb recipes to make healthy shakes to boost your protein intake and give your muscles the right kind of fodder!
For our first recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 ounces of water or milk (cow, almond, hemp)
- 1 or 2 scoops of protein powder (try to use whey, casein, or a blend of the two.)
- 1 or 2 handfuls of vegetables (e.g., spinach, beet, pumpkin, kale)
- 1 or 2 fresh seasonal fruits, finely chopped (e.g., bananas, berries, apples, cherries, dates, pineapple, and mango)
- A few walnuts, cashews, or almonds (you can skip this step in case of allergic conditions)
Now let’s talk about recipe number two. For this one you will need the following:
- 8 ounces skim milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 scoops of whey protein powder
Put all these ingredients into a blender and blend until the texture is smooth. You can also choose whole milk over skimmed one and extra peanut butter, if you want to turn this protein shake into a higher calorie weight gainer.
The ingredients are quite simple and making it is totally hassle-free, you can include this in your daily diet quite easily.
For the third recipe you will need these ingredients:
- 200 ml. milk of choice
- Low-fat Greek yogurt
- 80-100 grams of oats
- 1 handful of frozen berries
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 Banana
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- A dash of cinnamon
Directions to prepare:
Like the two other recipes, this one is also straightforward. All you need to do is put everything in a blender and eat up the shake after its done!
There are plenty of other ways in which you can add in some nutritional benefits to your daily punch. You can add, modify, and adjust the ingredients according to your choice. The most important point is that you make a regular habit of consuming it.
Remember, that building muscle strength is not a matter of a single day, you have to keep at it and enhance your core strength as well. Along with daily and diligent exercise routines, I am sure these shakes will help you and in no time you will be flexing those enviable tricep of yours!