Snapchat grew to prominence with its unique filters and user experience. However, there is a catch. People initially started adding random people to their friend list, hoping it would be fun and add to the “streak” points. But, things become boring too fast, and the same has happened on Snapchat too.
Don’t get us wrong, people still use this app for the filters, but that’s about it. Most users are either shifting to other social media platforms, or they want to narrow down their friend list on Snapchat to people they know.
Narrowing down the list from hundreds to a select few can be tiring when you are doing it manually. For that, we have managed to shortlist the top easy and effective ways you can unadd friends on Snapchat – fast and easily.
Also Read – How to Get someone’s Phone Number from Snapchat
How To Remove/Unadd Friends on Snapchat?
Before you remove/unadd your friends on Snapchat, ensure that you take some time to think about it. After all, once you remove them, chances are they won’t be able to see your private posts on the platform anymore.
Typically, there are two ways you can remove your friends on Snapchat. You can do so directly from the friend list or go around to the chat list and remove them.
The steps are the same for Android and iOS, so follow them as we mentioned.
Method 1: Remove Friends from Friend List
If you have a few Snapchat friends with whom you haven’t talked but they are sitting on your friend list, there are a few ways to remove them. Following are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Snapchat application on your smartphone
- Tap on the Profile icon that is present in the top left corner of the screen
- Scroll down on the display until you find “My Friends.”
- Tap on “Find Friends” from there and type in the username of the individual you wish to remove from the friend list
- From the search results, tap on the Username
- Tap on their Bitmoji to open their profile
- Under that, tap on the three vertical dots to open the Menu option
- Tap on “Remove Friend” on the display
- You can further click on the “Block Button” to finalize the unfriending process
That’s all there is to do when removing the friends from the friend list on your Snapchat. You can follow the same steps on iOS too.
Method 2: Remove Friends from Chat List
If you want to remove someone from Snapchat with whom you have had chats and conversations before, that’s possible too. The steps are fairly simple, so follow along as mentioned:
- Open the Snapchat application on your Android or iOS phone
- Tap on the “Chat” icon that’s present right beside the Camera shutter button on the app
- You can search the chat of the person by tapping on the Search button
- Once you find it, click and open the chat
- Tap on Bitmoji to open their profile
- Tap on the Menu icon by clicking on the three vertical dots
- Tap on “Remove Friend” from the list
- Tap on “Remove” in the pop-up confirmation
And that’s all you need to do to remove the friend from your Snapchat chat list. However, you have to do this manually, which can be hectic.
Alos Read – How to Hide Your Snap Score on Snapchat
How to Unadd Multiple Friends on Snapchat at Once?
The above methods we shared allow you to remove one friend after the other. This can be quite delirious and time-consuming. So, is there a way you can unadd multiple friends on Snapchat at once?
We have sorted out two effective methods that we think you can try.
Delete Your Snapchat Account
If you wish to delete multiple or all of your Snapchat friends at once, we’d recommend deleting the Snapchat account. Remember that we are talking about “deleting the account” and not “deleting the app from your phone.”
Deleting or uninstalling the application from your phone won’t remove the friends from your Snapchat account. However, if you delete the account, you’d have to create a new one from scratch, so none of your friends will be available.
Here’s what you can do to delete the account:
- Open the Snapchat portal on the web version
- Navigate to their “Help” section
- Tap on the “Delete my Account” button
- Click on “Proceed with Account Deletion”. This will redirect you to the login page
- Enter your username and password for verification and to log in to the portal
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and press “Submit.”
- This will redirect you to the “Delete Account” page
- Re-enter the username and the password
- Click on “Continue”
Following these steps will remove all the friends from your Snapchat account by deleting the account altogether. If you wish to create another Snapchat account, you can do so from scratch.
Register a New Snapchat account after 30 days
If you wish to use the same phone number or email to register a new Snapchat account, you’d have to wait 30 days after the account deletion. You can’t do it immediately, especially if the credentials are the same.
Also, once you have processed the account deletion request, you have 30 days to restore the account. If you don’t restore it within the month, the account is permanently deleted, and there’s nothing you can do after that.
In that case, all you can do is create a new Snapchat account from scratch. We’d recommend waiting for the first 30 days before trying again.
Can You Remove All Friends on Snapchat at Once?
If you wish to remove all your friends on Snapchat without deleting or deactivating your account, there is a way to do that.
However, following these steps will permanently delete all the messages and friends from your Snapchat account. There’s no way you can delete them altogether and then think about restoring them.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Snapchat app
- Navigate to the top-left corner and open your Profile by tapping on the Bitmoji
- Tap on the Gear or Settings icon on the top-right corner
- In the Settings, scroll down and click on “Privacy.”
- Tap on “Contact Syncing” from there
- Under that, tap on “Manage Contacts.”
- From there, click on “Delete All Contacts Data.”
- Tap on Confirm and unmark the “Sync Contacts” option
And, that’s it. You have successfully removed all the contacts from your Snapchat account. Unfortunately, there are no viable options for you to delete multiple friends at once. It’s all or one by one at this point, which can be frustrating.
With that, we have shared all the top tips you can follow for “How to Unadd Friends on Snapchat”. If you are confused about the methods, we hope this article gives you all the necessary insights. Just ensure that you think the options through. Once you delete the chats or the person from your friend list, they won’t be able to view your private stories or interact with you until you re-add them.