If you are a teenager or know teenagers, you must have heard the word Snapchat. An older generation and those who prefer to stay off social media would be quite surprised by this word used so frequently. It’s not just a word instead of a community; it’s one of the most popular social media apps that are available in the market right now. The reason for its popularity solely based on the fact that it gives what teens want, which is a hassle-free mode to share movements that occur every day, all while still making them look cool.
Many people think, wait, don’t we have Facebook and Twitter for that, but Snapchat is much more it allows messages to be sent and disappear after it’s opened. It’s like a cocktail of the best features that teenagers crave and require in this day and age.
What Exactly is Snapchat?
This platform is popularly known as a messaging app, but that not all its features are popular among teenagers. The app allows its users to message (messages vanishing once you close the chat, but you can change the setting of the same), send images, post it, and view others’ stories. Additionally, the app is popularly known for its camera, the filters and interesting gifs and graphics make one attracted towards it. Users need to be over the age of 13 to use the app.
Many users believe that they can get someone’s phone number from the app. How does one do that is a question that has been swirling around.
Let’s decode how to get someone’s phone number from Snapchat:
There is no technical code or some loophole through which you can get someone’s number through Snapchat. You can get the phone number only one way – Ask them for it, and if they say no, then that’s the answer you get if they say yes then go ahead and save that number immediately. If one could get numbers from Snapchat, things wouldn’t look quite right for celebrities. Their cell numbers would be everywhere, and they might be stalked, have endless calls, and in general, a very traumatic experience.
Some applications and websites claim that they can help you get that sort of information, but things to keep in mind about these claims are:
- The first thing is that this kind of information is not available anywhere. Things would become chaotic if everyone could get a hand on numbers of other individuals on Snapchat.
- Second, if they claim to help you get that sort of information from Snapchat, these applications or websites would most definitely be a scam. Be even more careful if they ask for money to provide this help; you are most definitely getting scammed and hacked on the other end.
- Thirdly be cautious as these websites might get your data and information in the process of “helping” you get someone’s number off Snapchat.
Be careful who you trust with information of yours. Numbers aren’t just handed over to you so quickly, it’s not just lying around for you to pick up. You need to be respectful of the fact that cell phone numbers, not just handed over to you; one needs to earn it.
Ways to earn someone’s number on Snapchat.
- Start a conversation with the person, send pictures, chat. All this adds to the idea of trust as well as familiarity with the person before handing you the number if they choose to.
- Start a streak – If you re new to Snapchat and don’t understand what streaks are, they are a number that showcases the number of days you have continuously been sending a snap ( picture or video) to another person. The streaks start after three days of continually sending a snap. The streak is broken if either one of you forgets to or stops sending a streak even for a day. This streak sending will bring about a rapport and won’t seem awkward or out of the blue if you approach them and ask form their number.
- You can also do video calls, or phone calls on Snapchat so you can talk to them regularly so that they trust you further and comfortable to share their number.
- Finally, remember the goal is to create memories and have a bond. Therefore share images and talk about your day through your snaps, send a personal message. Keep in mind that Snapchat is where you can add people from your contacts list but not get someone’s number without their knowledge or permission.
Your Contact details
If someone claims they have someone’s number from Snapchat, they don’t. Thye already and the number and was able to add the said person to their friend’s list by syncing their contact list from their phone. The syncing is often done to make it easier to add people you know. Hence you can’t get the number from Snapchat; instead, you already had it; thus, you have it on your phone.
Remember that you can see your number when you click on the Snapchat symbol on the top of the screen when you open the app. Go to your profile, and there you will find your won contact number. Typically people give their contact number as a means to sync contacts and get a verification code to confirm your identity to the app.
If you had opted initially not to sync your contacts and now wish to:
- Open the app, click on your profile that is on the right side or center of your screen
- Now all you have to do is click on settings and go to the mobile number option
- Click on it will ask you to fill your number or in some cases, the phone number will already be there, right under the place where you fill the number it asks if you would like to allow Snapchat to access your contacts. Click on that, by doing so you are allowing them to sync your contacts
- Now you will get to add your contacts to your friends’ list.
The only phone number you can see and access is your own, and if you want someone’s phone number, you have to earn it by seeking permission. Snapchat is a fun social media app and continues to grow in users, so use the app wisely. Happy snapping, now save that streak!