Data loss can occur time and it can be severe. Whether the data is lost due to human failure, human error, software corruption, theft, viruses, or hardware destruction, losing your important files, folders, etc., is never a pleasant experience. And, when precautions are not taken, restoring data will be a real struggle. Fortunately, file recovery software can help you recover files even if you don’t have a backup.
The best deleted file recovery software makes it easy to recover data on your system and storage drives. There are several high-quality file recovery software packages available. The software enables you to restore unlimited files, folders, photos, audio, videos, etc. Here’s a list of the best file recovery software for Windows.
#Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition
Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition is a dedicated data recovery software, which can retrieve all types of files, folders, photos, documents, emails, and more. It can restore data lost in all common data loss scenarios, such as deletion, formatting, malware attack, etc. It allows data recovery from Windows PCs, laptops, and external storage drives, such as HDDs, SSDs, USB drives, and memory cards.
It supports data recovery from Windows PCs and storage media devices, such as HDDs, SSDs, USB drives, and memory cards. It offers you two scan modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. While Quick Scan remains effective usually in accidental deletion, Deep Scan remains helpful in advanced cases, such as drive formatting, corruption, etc. You can also select a particular type of data for scanning to enable a speedy recovery. The software also lets you ‘Add File Type’ with a unique file extension, thereby supporting recovery for all file types.
Five other (paid) versions- Standard, Professional, Premium, Technician and Toolkit versions are also available. Every version adds up more advanced tools and features, such as BitLocker Encrypted Drive Recovery, Bootable Media Recovery, File Repairing, SMART Drive Monitoring & Cloning, Disk Imaging, and more.
- Easy-to-install and user-friendly software
- Preview files utility available
- Restore all types of data, such as photos, videos, audios, folders, documents, etc.
- Recover data in all common data loss scenarios, including deletion, formatting, corruption, etc.
- Recover data from Windows systems and storage drives, such as HDDs, SSDs, USB drives, etc.
- Recovers data only up to 1 GB
- Advanced features, such as Bootable Media Recovery, Lost Partition Recovery, Drive Monitoring, etc., are available with Paid versions.
Piriform Recuva is a popular deleted file recovery software that works in all data loss scenarios, such as deletion, formatting, malware attack, corruption, and more. It comes packed with a selection of advanced utilities, such as a formatted drive scanner, virtual hard drive recovery support, etc. It supports recovery from Windows systems, MP3 players, digital cameras, and more. The software can restore data from corrupted/formatted storage media drive with ex-FAT, FAT, and NTFS file systems. Additionally, it supports secure data wiping from drives and systems using military standard erasure techniques.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
- File preview option available
- Unlimited data recovery
- Data support from damaged hard disks
- Secure file erasure
- Restores any data such as files, folders, photos, etc.
Advanced features such as Virtual Hard Drive Recovery, Automatic update, Technical Support are available with the PRO version.
Wondershare Recoverit is a free data recovery software that can recover all types’ data. You can recover data from storage drives with NTFS, APFS, ReFS, RAW file systems with this software. This software can retrieve your favorite pictures, videos, essential official documents, emails, etc., from even formatted, RAW, or damaged partitions. You can retrieve up to 100 MB of files with the free version available for both macOS and Windows.
Two more (paid) versions are available – Pro and Ultimate. With paid versions, you’ll also get technical support.
- Supports recovery of 1000+ file types and formats
- Supports recovery from formatted, RAW, missing, or damaged partition
- Retrieves data from hard drives, USB, SD card, etc.
- Longer installation time
- Retrieves only up to 100 MB of files of time
- Preview files feature available
- Preview files are limited to only a handful of photo file formats
- Several duplicates in the scan results
#EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard- Free Edition can efficiently recover data from Windows and Linux Storage media devices. Also, it supports recovery from lost drive volumes/partitions, corrupt or formatted systems, and external storage drives, such as HDDs, SSDs, USB drives, etc. You can recover up to 1000 file formats. The software is easy-to-use and offers multiple advanced features, such as File Preview, RAW File recovery, etc.
However, like Stellar Data Recovery Professional – Free edition, this software doesn’t allow you to add custom file types. You can also use the ‘Preview file’ feature but for files smaller than 100 MB. The free version can retrieve up to 2 GB of data, but it doesn’t show you the actual scanning time. Moreover, you can’t scan a specific drive that exactly boosts the data recovery process. However, you may use the ‘Filter’ option to sort files and restore them.
- Easy-to-use and simple interface
- Preview files feature available
- Restores data from lost, deleted, or RAW drive partitions
- Recovers data up to 2 GB
- Preview file option only works for the files smaller than 100 MB
- No display of actual scanning time
- Technical assistance available only with paid versions
Disk Drill is another top-rated deleted file recovery software, which helps you retrieve deleted or lost data from your Windows systems and external storage media drives. The software can also efficiently recover all kinds of data from corrupted, formatted, or missing drive partitions. With the free version, you can restore up to 500 MB of data. It comes packed with Recovery Vault utility, a robust data protection tool, which acts like an augmented Recycle Bin and provides you with a quick method to restore deleted files without the time needed for a disk scan. Several advanced features are available with paid versions, such as Save and load scan session, Disk Imaging, RAID Recovery (partial), SMART device status, and more.
- Simple, User-friendly, and intuitive software
- File Preview option available
- Supports recovery from lost partitions
- Byte-level backup of the storage drives available
- Recovery Vault for Enhanced data protection
- Restores data up to 500 MB
- Save and load scan with paid versions only
- RAW Recovery available with paid versions
In this post, we’ve mentioned the best deleted file recovery software, including Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition, Recuva, Wondershare RecoverIt, EaseUS Recovery Wizard, and Disk Drill. You can review and compare all the features, pros, and cons of the software and select the one that perfectly matches your data recovery requirements.