Solar-powered fans are very useful these days. Especially in a location like the USA and Japan where the natural calamities like hurricane cause massive damage to properties. In times like this, these outdoor fans prove to be a good saviour as the electricity is unavailable in such areas for a long time. Buying a good solar power outdoor fan could prove out to be a good investment for the long term.
The solar power outdoor fan is also a good option for those who want to opt for an eco-friendly mode of living, the solar power outdoor fan could prove a good option during summers when there is no electricity or when you have to stay outdoors. While deciding to opt for solar backed outdoor fans one must consider criteria like multi-purpose inbuilt facilities, hassle less installation, warranty, the main goal for the outdoor fan (for example for camping, patio, attic etc.), portable option etc. Here are few of the best solar power backed outdoor fan options to choose from.
1. COWIN Solar Fan with LED
- The solar panel of this solar power backed outdoor fan is 15 W.
- The fan can be charged with an AC adapter in case of cloudy days.
- Integrated LED light option
- USB port option
- 1-year brand warranty
- Overcharge protection
- 36 hours of backup time
- a 6-foot charge cord
- Remote function available to adjust the outdoor fan settings.
There are three speed modes available with this Solar Fan with the lower speed mode reaching 1000 RPM and 1350 RPM for the high speed mode. It can be charged and powered using DC power from a solar panel of 15W. AC power adapter is also available when there is no sunlight, or if the fan is out of charge. The COWIN Solar Fan also has an overcharge and discharge protection for its rechargeable battery.
There is an option to charge other devices directly from this Solar fan’s USB port. For LED lovers there is a built-in LED light for the night time. As for the built, the fan’s blades are 16 inches along with a 16.4-inch cable is given for its 15W/18W Solar panel and an AC adapter.
2. Eco-Worthy Solar Powered Attic Solar Fan
This Eco-Worthy Solar panel is made of stainless stell and provides proper venting for your roof and keeps it rust free. It can move an approx of 11.6 cubic feet of air every minute which is more than enough to circulate the air and make it fresh for even your pet house for providing your dogs with cool and fresh air. Even installing this fan is easy and it has built in mounted holes along with automatically tapping screws. Below are some of the key points:
- Installation is easy
- Limited Warranty provided is for 2 years
- This solar powered Fan is completely automatic
- It prevents the heat build-up in the area that is being ventilated
- It prevents the build up of mold, condensation, mildew, bad odors, dampening of areas, etc;
- This fan moves approx 11.6 cubic feet of air/minute
- Completely water-resistant, makes almost no noise, is pollution-free and safe.
- Can work at night using a rechargeable battery.
3. Rand Solar Powered Attic Fan 8-Watt
This 8-Watt Rand Solar Powered Attic Fan is a ventilator fan which can be used at the rooftop, is environment friendly and is also easy on your monthly bills. It runs on solar power always, so if the sun is up then the fan will be spinning. Think of it as an investment which will pay for itself in a short time.
Wiring is not required at all and it can work easily under low light plus even in bad overcast conditions. This particular solar fan has a capacity of 435 CFM and can ventilate attic space of up to 700 square feet. This model doesn’t take up much space, but for those who require installations in a bigger space, or under higher heat load, there is option to install more fans of greater capacity like the 30W or 40W rooftop fans. These fans also allow to adjust the angle on the solar panel.
For those looking for night running fans, they also have the option to go for 10W and 30W fans which have their own battery backup. Since this 8-Watt fan is a much smaller unit, there is no need for wiring. All you need to do is install it on the roof and it will start working.
Some key points about this model:
- Brushless motor
- Lowers electricity bill
- Works in low light and overcast conditions
4. Amtrak Powerful 40-Watt Galvanized Steel 14 inch Solar Attic Fan
This 14 inch 40-Watt fan has a highly efficient fan blade which is easy to install using quick-connect wires. The great thing about this Galvanized Stell model is that it doesn’t make much noise, and provides better cooling and ventilation for your house, RV, Garage, etc. It also has mechanism to protect against build up of moisture.
It is ideal for 2250 square feet of areas and for areas like greenhouse, garage, RV etc., there is extra wire and brackets available of length up to 15′. The Fan motor also has thermal protection and the fan blades are highly efficient in providing cooling. It is made in the USA.
Amtrak Solar Attic Ventilator comes with 40 Watt High-Quality Crystalline Solar Panel and High Volume Fan. It could be Installed in the gable vent or anywhere in the attic. This is a 12 volt DC fan configured to work with the solar panel with High-Efficiency Fan Blade.
A 40 Watt Crystalline Solar Panel of high-quality is installed in this Amtrak Solar Attic Ventilator along with a high volume fan. Along with the entire kit there are 4 Z brackets, nuts and bolts which are included and installing the solar panel is also easy as it comes pre-drilled.
5. Ansee Solar Camping Fan
This solar camping fan from Ansee is a multi function fan which has a flashlight, an adjustable LED light for protecting your eyesight. Since its named as a camping fan and even has a flashlight, you should consider keeping it while on an adventure in the jungles. The ultra quiet motor installed in this fan prevents it from making too much noise, and also has an adapter plugin for indoor use.
Key Points about this model:
- 3 in 1
- LED light w/ eyesight protection
- Ultra-quiet motor
- Built-in flashlight
- Can be used as a fan, as an LED table lamp and a torch
- Can be used outdoors and while camping, during blackout emergency and also during transportation
- Lamp with plate cover helps to adjust the angle
- Hidden portable design makes it easier to use. Backets also help in adjusting the angle of the wind
- It has a double charge design with hidden solar battery charging
6. Multi-function Solar Fan Electric Outdoor Fishing Fan
- This DC portable outdoor fishing fan consists of 5 blades and features a unique design which enables it to stay silent at long hours of use, and can easily run for at least 7 hours before needing a recharge.
- Photovoltaic power is provided for recharging its internal lithium battery, and features a total of 26 LEDs which can provide you with enough lighting for any of your general tasks for almost 9 hours.
- The power supply output of 5V can easily provide you with enough power to recharge your cell phones or other electronic devices.
- This solar fan also has an FM Radio along with input for USB and TF cards which gives you the option to listen to music or radio for 7-8 hours.
7. SUNGLA 16″ 12V DC table stand fan
This 12V DC table fan from SUNGLA has an overall built of pure copper material with 16 inches long fan blades. It doesn’t work for a long time after charging, with a max of 60 minutes and revolves at 1350 RPM as its maximum speed. One thing to take care of while charging this solar fan using a battery is to keep it connected properly with the battery. Connecting the negative and positive electrodes of the battery in a reverse manner will make the fan rotate in the opposite direction as well.
It’s easier to install this fan as it’s power source is just a 1.8m cable with an alligator clip. One great thing about this fan is the three blade designs which enables it in providing a stable and proper air ventilation. To prolong the battery’s lifetime, using a controller for voltage and current is a better option.
- Operatres between 1000 RPM to 1350 RPM
- 16” long fan blades
- Made entirely with Copper material and colour
- 15 W fan power
8. Western Harmonics 12 Inch Solar Powered High-Velocity Solar Fan
This 12-inch solar fan is one of the most portable models so it can be easily installed at any of the places. The blades are 9″ in size along with a brushless motor which will save you the trouble of cleaning it many times. For outdoor use, there is a 15′ long cord provided which helps in getting the energy from the sun, while you’re working under the shade.
Key points about this model:
- 12 Volt 2 Speed Fan
- 9 Inch Blade, Cage Diameter of 11.2 inches and an overall size of 12 inch.
- Brushless motor
- 15’ long cord
- 9” fan blades