Xiaomi has now released the upgraded variant of their Y series. Redmi Y2 was basically quite an impressive smartphone in the budget segment. But the upgraded Redmi Y3 is a selfie-centric phone with an almost 32-megapixel camera at the front. The overall design almost looked like Galaxy A50 in the blue
Redmi Y3 specifications:
- Design: In the Redmi Y3 you will get a teardrop notch at the top. At the back, there is a gradient finish which looks shiny at this price range. But, the back panel was made of the polycarbonate which might give you a cheap feeling. Gorilla Glass 5 was given at the front display which gives better protection to your display. At the back, you will get a dual camera along with the fingerprint sensor. Along with these basic features Redmi Y3 also offers “P2i water repellent coating”. This will protect your phone from splashes of water.
- Display: At the front of Redmi Y3 there is a 6.26-inch HD+display which was good at this range. The colors were bright and saturated which don’t give problem in harsh sunlight. Overall the display panel is amazing with a small chin at the bottom.
- Cameras: The cameras are the main highlight of this smartphone. The front camera was of 32-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture. It also includes basic camera features like HDR, Palm shutter, AI portrait mode, etc. Thus the selfie camera was the main reason to buy this smartphone. It also supports 1080p videos recording with EIS. The EIS was also there in the front camera with 1080p recording at 30fps. Now there is a dual camera at the back. The primary camera was of 12-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture. The secondary camera was of 2-megapixel which helps in depth sensing.
- Performance: The Redmi Y3 is packed up with the powerful octa-core Snapdragon 632 chipset. This processor is quite good but when compared to the Realme 3 it lags behind. The Realme 3 comprises of Helio P70 which is far better than Snapdragon 632. Although you will get a better processor in this range like Snapdragon 636.
- Battery: This smartphone comprises with the massive 4,000mAh battery. It also comes up with the 10W adapter which is pretty cool. At last the battery department was excellent in this price range. It can go last for up to a whole day.
- Price and launch date: The Redmi Y3 is launched in two variants. The base variant comprises of 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The highest variant was of 4GB RAM and 64GB of Storage. The first sale of Redmi Y3 was already held on 30th of April. The Redmi y# launches in various different colors. These colors are Bold Red, Elegant Blue, and Prime Black. The price for the basic variant of the Redmi Y3 was only Rs. 9,999. While the highest variant i.e. 4GB RAM and 64GB storage was priced at Rs. 11,999 only.