Human beings constantly strive to make their life easier. The level of comfort, safety, and convenience a modern human is used to is quite astounding. Artificial intelligence was invented to make machines work in a smart and intuitive way so humans can focus on tasks that are enjoyable and worthy. However, when you look at where the world of artificial intelligence is headed, that has not been the case.
Artificial intelligence is not a new concept. Since the dark ages, humans have known the benefits of training inanimate objects to act, think and feel like humans. In Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, there are several mentions of thought-capable artificial beings. Several other ancient philosophers have considered the possibility of humans being influenced by thought-capable machines.
Here Are the 12 Insightful Quotes About Artificial Intelligence
1) “Success in creating AI would be the biggest event in human history. Unfortunately, it might also be the last, unless we learn how to avoid the risks.” Stephen Hawking
2) “As more and more artificial intelligence is entering into the world, more and more emotional intelligence must enter into leadership.” Amit Ray
3) “Quantum artificial intelligence put greater importance to human peace, economic, social, political and cultural rights. It focuses on fundamental freedoms and well-being for all without distinction to race, color, sex, country, language, or religion.” Amit Ray
4) “A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God.” Alan Perlis
5) “The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim.” Edsger W. Dijkstra
6) “Artificial intelligence is a tool, not a threat” Rodney Brooks
7) “AI doesn’t have to be evil to destroy humanity – if AI has a goal and humanity just happens in the way, it will destroy humanity as a matter of course without even thinking about it, no hard feelings.” Elon Musk
8) “To deny humanity the lesson of consequences would be a mistake.
And I do not make mistakes.” Neal Shusterman
9) “Our intelligence is what makes us human, and AI is an extension of that quality.” Yann LeCun
10) “What use was time to those who’d soon achieve Digital Immortality?” Clyde Dsouza
11) “Some people worry that artificial intelligence will make us feel inferior, but then, anybody in his right mind should have an inferiority complex every time he looks at a flower.” Alan Kay
12) “People worry that computers will get too smart and take over the world, but the real problem is that they’re too stupid and they’ve already taken over the world.” Pedro Domingos
There is growing concern among the skeptics of the world the artificial intelligence will one day rule the world. The monsters the humans created for their benefit will turn against them and do what’s right for the planet. Although, this is only a theory and there is no basis for it.