So I missed Jobs’ entire speech/event because I was at class receiving my education. Here’s what happened:
- Steve Jobs comes out, cracks jokes, spits out stats
- Jobs jokes about his death, iTunes, songs, etc.
- HD on iTunes, $1.99, $2.99 – NBC back on iTunes
- Speaking of iTunes, iTunes 8 announced. Talks about Genius. Available today
- iPod talk – 90% of US cars offer iPod integration
- 120GB iPod Classic – $249, New Nano released in a boatload of colors, Genius function available on iPods, iPhone accelerometer allows for rotating of iPod Nano for CoverFlow functionality, improved battery life
- Nano: Entry price of $149 for 8GB, $199 for 16GB
- New $79 headphones with woofers and tweeters, volume control, functionality, FM receiver, etc.
- Nike+ for iPhone announced, iPod Touch version of Spore available
- New iPod Touch; thin design w/ stainless steel, gets cheaper, more games and apps – 8GB, $229, 16GB for $299, and a 32GB for $399. All three are available today. Nanos due out this weekend.
- iPhone 2.1 software update
- Jack Johnson plays some tunes for the crowd, event ends
So there you have it. Lots of fun new Apple stuff. Check back for more detailed posts on today’s news. Photo courtesy of Engadget.