For all of you who haven’t heard of the Creative X-Fi and its wild claims of repairing your audio output to better than CD quality, here’s your intro. As stated, Creative’s claims for their X-Fi audio technology have taken people by surprise, but equally surprising is the improvement that the X-Fi really does make on compresses audio. Their new Xdock Wireless integrates the X-Fi tech into a very nice looking iPod dock. The remote for this awsome device works for up to about 100 feet away. Here are some stats for this product that we are working to get a hold of for a first-hand review just for you!
– It plays music through multiple Creative X-Fi Wireless Receivers, which are sold separately, in different rooms of the home connected to powered speakers or a home theater system.
– It plays music in Xtreme Fidelity – music beyond CD quality.
– A line-out for connection to powered speakers, which also functions as an optical-out to your home theater for DTS surround-sound.
– S-video and composite video-out connections, so digital photos and videos stored on an iPod can be displayed on a TV screen.
– A wireless remote to navigate the iPod menu, adjust volume levels, and activate X-Fi Crystalizer and X-Fi CMSS-3D.
– It docks and charges an iPod and includes line-in for connection of other audio devices.
— Nik Gomez
Creative Xdock Wireless iPod Dock [Creative Labs]