BGR has done it again. And by done it again, we mean dredged up some early information about the upcoming Apple iPhone OS 4.0. From the sounds of it, this update might alter the UI of the OS more than any of the past major updates. We’ll keep an eye out for any other exciting rumors and updates. But for now, check out the probable possibilities:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
I’m especially excited about the UI changes as that is one of my only remaining peeves with the device. Better notifications would be a godsend. OS-wide multi-touch gestures provides further suggestive rumors of the Apple tablet, supposedly scheduled to be unveiled at the special event on January 27.