If you are a Brit and a science fiction and fantasy novel reader, then chances are that you know who Terry Pratchett is. If you don’t know who he is however, prepare to be entertained by 12 epic Terry Pratchett quotes.
1. Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
2. The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
3. It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It’s called living.
4. He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armor shouting ‘All the Gods are bastards.’
5. It’s not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren’t doing.
6. In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
7. Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying ‘End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH’, the paint wouldn’t even have time to dry.
8. I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
9. I’d rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
10. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.
11. He’d been wrong, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower.
12. Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove.